Monday, September 11, 2006

Melting Moments

I dug out this recipe for Lisa, and then decided to try my hand at them. I mentioned to her the other day that I liked cooking, and she asked if I'd found a recipe for Melting Moments that was pretty simple. It rang a bell, so I went looking. This is so simple I think kids could do it (if you could stop them from eating the batter and 'cream' all the time). Hm, I should consider taking the pictures during the day time, they turn out much better!

I substituted a tiny dribble of vanilla essence as I couldn't get my hands on any passionfruit and the review from my dad was "mmmmm, mmmmm" or something, so I guess it's a success!

Melting Moments and Passionfruit
185b butter, softened
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifted
1/2 cup cornflour, sifted
1 1/4 cup plain flour, sifted
Passionfruit filling:
40g butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
2 tsp passionfruit pulp
icing sugar for dusting

Place butter and icing sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add the flours and mix until combined. Wrap the shortbread dough in cling-wrap and place it in the fridge for half an hour. Preheat the oven to 160C then roll 2-teaspoons-full of mixture into balls and place on a lined baking tray. Flatten the top with the back of a fork and repeat until all the dough is used. Bake for 15 minutes or until the biscuits are only just lightly coloured, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
To make the passionfruit filling beat the butter and sugar together until pale, then stir in the passion fruit pulp and sandwich two biscuits together with the filling, then dust with icing sugar.

The recipe says it makes 15 biscuits... I came close to this, but also I wasn't measuring out the dough!

Look out work, I'm bringing in the leftovers tomorrow!

No comments: