Monday, April 02, 2007

An issue close to my heart...

As I do in the mornings, I was making my way through The Age online, and this article caught my attention.

I won't let myself turn this entry into a long-winded rant about how any knocked up 15 year old trailer trash can have a kid and claim all kinds of benefits from the government, while loving, financially secure, committed couples - who, for whatever reason, can't have children the "natural" way - have to jump through all kinds of legislative hoops just to have the chance to have a child of their own (be that through surrogacy, IVF or adoption). We won't bring the obscene amount of money they often have to spend into the argument.

So why is it made so hard for people to have a baby?

(I'm so proud of me - managed to keep this short! I can go on forever about it, but... I won't)

No comments: