Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mummy's Day Mum!



I figured, it's Mothers Day, I'll be like (probably) hundreds and thousands of other people, and dedicate a post to my mum. Well, not that hundreds and thousands of other people are dedicating a post to MY mum, but you know what I mean.

I'm sure most people think the same
about their mother (and those who DON'T generally think the absolute opposite), but mine truly is amazing. Despite her faults. I mean, look at the pic above - she MAKES these things, just churns 'em out. The creamy one is almost a metre across. She can cook anything. She can defend her home against reptiles with one smooth WHAP! of a straightened coat hanger (or a CRACK of a shovel). She doesn't shy away from what she has to do - just gets in and does it. She put her kids first all our lives, and went without so that we could have the things we wanted (well, a few of the things we wanted, but always the things we needed). And I don't know what she did to be able send me away to board at a good school for the last four years of my school life. This woman found herself the single parent of a 7 and a 13 year old and, if I do say so myself, did a damn fine job of raising them. I was a horrible kid - the youngest, so incredibly selfish, a real pain in the butt, and an absolute headache. I sometimes wish I could turn back time, be a little more reliable, patient, obedient... but of course, we can't change the past.

Anyway, good on you mum, you're a woman I admire greatly, and if I gain half the strength you have I'm sure I'll be able to take on the world.

1 comment:

It's all part of the plan... said...

Well, I didn't make a mother's day post so you're at least somewhat unique :)

Just popping by to let you know I've setup a separate blog for my recipes. http://rosemarysrecipes.blogspot.com

Yay :)