Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Simple Things


Y'know, sometimes I forget how much I really enjoy the simplest of things. Warm sunshine, fresh air, birds singing in the trees, the smell of baking, and simple, basic food.


Things like a plate of fresh fruit. Nothing fancy, just an apple, an orange, and a bunch of juicy sweet grapes, chopped up ready for easy consumption. Generally when I finish work on a Saturday, if the weather has been as lovely as it was yesterday, this is the type of thing I crave. Usually I give in to that craving. Sometimes... (hanging head in shame)... I give in to the call of easy quick crap and grab something from the market before heading home. I definitely feel better after the fruit, so I have no idea why sometimes I go down the greasy fried route. I guess, on the bright side, it helps me really appreciate the good stuff more...


Something else, that doesn't look so appetising, now that I look at this picture, is the simple meal of baked beans on toast. Oh my, I had this for "lunch" today (if you can really call a meal at 3.30pm lunch). Some forgotten memory from my days as a very young lass hovered on the edge of my mind, an elusive wraith, half-remembered, perhaps half imagined... sorry, I'm digressing. Suffice to say, it was good. Comfort food! So very enjoyable.

2 comments:

thanh7580 said...

We can sometimes forget the simple things in life. I like basic food too, especially after too many meals eating out.

Anonymous said...

Hey...food stylying 101! How fantastic does your fruit photo look?!?!

The baked beans...well yeah, they're never going to look very good ;-) But dang, I agree - they are simple and tasty.