Friday, March 28, 2008

The Comedy Festival: Spicks & Speck-tacular


My cheeks are hurting, my stomach is sore, and I'm losing my voice from laughing so much.

Many out would be familiar with the show Spicks and Specks, which airs on ABC1 on Wednesday nights at 8.30pm. You may or may not know that there are several live shows being performed during the Comedy Festival.

Now, anyone who has raised the subject of comedians with me knows my opinion of Adam Hills.
Yes, he's funny, it's part of his charm. But seriously, all he has to do is stand there and let me look at him, and I'll be happy :-)

So when I had the chance to go and see him (and some other people, I don't know... stage fillers... hehe) I jumped at it.

And it was great.
It's the kind of show that you know will be different each night depending on guests, and I have to say, tonight was a damn fine show to catch. They said it would probably last between 1 and 1.5 hours, but it ended in just a fraction under 2 hours. The usual players were there, of course, and the guests were all comedians performing at the Comedy Festival, although at the moment all names except Arj Barker and Ross Noble escape me - I'll update this post if/when I remember. Now if that's not value for money I don't know what is. And it was all finished off with a sketch from "Thriller" (yes, the Michael Jackson song). Made even better by a few loose buttons on the part of Mr Hills... ah, what a nice way to finish the show ;-) What can I say, I'm a fan, hehe.

If you get the chance, go and see the show. I believe there are a few this weekend, and again next week. Do it! Ticket price is roughly $50, I believe, and it's well worth it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.