Thursday, February 05, 2009

Eating Out: Theodoti Greek Tavern

63 Brisbane Street
Launceston TAS 7250
P: 03 6334 7044


My second night in Launceston was interesting. I was meeting up with a couple of friends from WoW for dinner and, despite the jokes among my colleagues about Greek threesomes, it was a great (and PG-rated) evening.

Theodoti is not what you might expect when you see it from the street. It has a fairly modern interior, good colours, cheerful and friendly staff, and an easy atmosphere. The menu is quite extensive, with the emphasis on lamb, although there are chicken and seafood dishes as well as a vego option or three. I was hard pressed to make a decision, it all sounded so good.


I can not for the life of me remember what this dish was called, but it was basically a lemon and lamb casserole, served with roast potatoes, salad, and a wedge of fresh lemon. And oh wow, it was magnificent.


A ordered the calamari, and it looked damn fine as well. You'll notice the salad and roast potatoes seem to be a common theme. But hey, they were good :-)


B had the meatballs. Check these babies out.

Theodoti seems to be a good, simple place to get yummy food in a cheerful surrounding. It's not flash, it's not high-society dining, but it is damn nice food, well priced, and cheerfully provided. I can't ask for much more than that!

No comments: