Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gotta Love A Stir-Fry


Many thanks to SOME PEOPLE (not mentioning any names, Mr M) for telling me I hadn't blogged anything in a while. Cheers. Much appreciated. I hereby dedicate this post, in all its crumminess, to you :-)

For one reason or another, I haven't gotten around to doing anything all that blog-worthy lately. OK, I've been on a few dates with someone, and there's been sad things happen as well, but nothing I want to share with you all.

Today I'm sick, and taking a few days off work. And, as always happens when I'm sick, I've been craving vegies and fresh fruit like you wouldn't believe. Enter one of my favourite CBF meals: the stir-fry.

The one above is a simple little number: some garlic sauted in a little oil with carrot, fish sauce, soy sauce, sweet chilli and ginger sauce, cauliflower, broccoli, baby corn and sliced sweet peas, with some egg noodles tossed through, and sesame seeds added at the end. The only problem for me when it comes to stir-fry is that I tend to eat a fair amount of the ingredients before they even make it to the wok. I usually plan ahead for that by chopping up extra.

I really love the texture of these stir-fries - the vegies are still crispy, the noodles are al dente (question: can noodles be al dente, or only pasta?), the smell is divine, and the flavour explodes around my mouth. Does it make me up-myself that I really do love my own cooking when I get it this right? I guess it makes up for the times when it all goes terribly wrong!!

No comments: