Friday, July 17, 2009

Soupy Goodness

For the last week and a half I've not been well. I don't know about you, but when I'm sick I crave soup.

The hard thing about blogging soup, though, is that it's hard to get a picture of it that DOESN'T look kinda yuck. I made a really great lentil, split pea, barley and ham soup the other week, but I won't disgust you with the pictures I took.

These are the pics I WILL inflict on you.


This is a sweet potato and ginger soup. I also added just a little bit of turnip and parsnip. And a fair shake of Vegeta while it all cooked. I thinned this out by adding water, but if I hadn't used the Vegeta I'd have used vegie stock. I've almost finished my stock of this, I think I'll have to make some more.


And here we have a plain old pumpkin soup. Again, a fair shake of Vegeta in with a cubed butternut pumpkin while it cooks in a little water, then I blended through nearly a full can of light evaporated milk till it was the consistency of, well, soup.

If I do say so myself, I brewed up a couple of yummy soups. And they were perfect for warming up a sick body and soothing a sore throat.

1 comment:

Helmaree said...

Yummy looking soups!!! I'm a soup person when i'm not well and/or feeling the cold too. In fact, I made up a batch of pumpkin soup today - the usual cubed pumpkin in water, plus a dash of indian curry powder, a couple teaspoons of Massel 'chicken' stock, and a blob of jarred ginger. Yum-O. I will have to try sweet potato & ginger, sounds delish.